Tenured/TenureTrack Positions of Medical Robotics Institute
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, P. R. China
The Medical Robotics Institute at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) is a newly established multidisciplinary platform for the advancement of medical robotics and allied technologies with a clear focus on direct patient benefit and socio-economic values. This is a top-level institute directly under the University, working closely with other academic schools/departments. The main research directions include basic science research centres in Micro/Nano Systems, Perception and Cognition, Bioinspired and Biohybrid Systems, and Smart Materials, as well as applied research centres in Surgical Robotics, Assistive Robotics, Image-guided Intervention, AI andHuman-robot Interaction, Biophotonics, and Precision Mechatronics. By leveraging the unique strength of the SJTU medical school and affiliated teaching hospitals, joint clinical research centres with targeted disease focus will also be established. The Institute is now recruiting faculty staff at all levels, and review of applications will begin from March 2018 and continue until the positions are filled. Generous startup funds and competitive salary packages will be offered, depending on the experience and qualification of the successful candidates.
Applicants with outstanding track records in all related areas of medical robotics or biomedical engineering are encouraged to apply. Minimum qualifications include an earned PhD degree and/or MD degree. The applicant should have outstanding academic credentials and the ability to teach effectively at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Successful candidates will be expected to establish and carry out independent research programs and to perform academic or translational duties in the Institute (e.g., supervising graduate thesis and applying for external research funding and promote the academic profile of the Institute both nationally and internationally).
Distinguished Professors（Tenured Position）
1. Overseas applicants should hold tenured professor positions (or equivalent) in world-class international universities or research institutes. Overseas applicants should also be familiar with China's national conditions and have collaborations with Chinese universities.
2. Domestic applicants should have good academic backgrounds, high academic achievements and good international academic reputations; applicants are generally required to be funded by the National Outstanding Youth Fund or to be selected as Cheung Kong Scholar Chair Professor;
3. Applicants should have innovative and strategic thinking on the discipline construction and have the ability of leading the discipline to catch up with or maintain at top level in the world;
4. Applicants should be in the spirit of cooperation, hardworking, dedication and organization. Applicants should be good at mentoringyoung talents, pay attention to the construction of academic echelon and have the ability to lead an innovative team with collaborative research.
1. Applicants should hold professor positions (or equivalent) in well-known domestic universities or associate professor positions (or equivalent) in top overseas universities;
2. Applicants should be active in academic thinking, have made significant achievements in the field with peer recognition, have great potential for development and have innovative ideas in academic research;
3. Applicants should be moral, rigorous, and in the spirit of dedication and teamwork.
Tenure-Track Associate Professors
1. Applicant should hold doctorate of world-class universities;
2. Overseas applicants should have academic work experience in world-class universities or renowned institutions. Domestic applicants should hold deputy senior positions;
3. Applicants should carry out innovative research in academic foreland, acquire important achievements and display strong academic potentials;
4. Applicants should have clear future research directions in line with the needs of the development of the discipline and faculty team.
Please include in your application a cover letter, curriculum vitae (including your full publication list with 5 of your most important publications highlighted), a statement of research interests and vision, and a list of 5 references with full contact information. Please send your application to:
Ms. Hillary Shang
HR Officer, Medical Robotics Institute
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
800 Dongchuan RD. Minhang District, Shanghai, 200240, P. R. China