Dr. Hua Li is an Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering. He received his Ph.D. degree in Biomathematics & Biostatistics in 2010 from the University of Texas, Health Science Center at Houston & MD Anderson Cancer Center. In 2011, he did his postdoctoral work in the Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. He joined the faculty of SJTU in 2012. Currently his research interests include: (1) Data mining with the next-generation sequencing data; and (2) prediction of gene and protein's functions based on the topology of biological networks.
1. Hua Li, Jingyi Hou, Ling Bai, chuansheng Hu, Pan Tong, Yani Kang, Xiaodong Zhao, Zhifeng Shao, “Genome-wide analysis of core promoter structures inSchizosaccharomyces pombe with DeepCAGE”, RNA Biology, 12:5, 525-537, 2015.
2. Hua Li, Pan Tong, Juan Gallegos, Emily Dimmer, Guoshuai Cai, Jeffrey J. Molldrem, Shoudan Liang, “PAND: a distribution to identify functional linkage from networks with preferential attachment property”, PLOS ONE 10(7): e0127968, 2015.
3. Ling Bai, Qi Wang, Hongmei Li, Ming Cheng, Ningbo Zhang, Hua Li, “5’-Cap selection methods and their application in full-length cDNA library construction and transcription start site profiling”, Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University (Science), 19(5): 580-586, 2014.
4. Hua Li, Xiao Su, Juan Gallegos, Yue Lu, Yuan Ji, Jeffrey J Molldrem, Shoudan Liang, “dsPIG: a tool to predict imprinted genes from the deep sequencing of whole transcriptomes”, BMC Bioinformatics, 13:271, 2012.
5. Hua Li, Shoudan Liang, “Local Network Topology in Human Protein Interaction Data Predicts Functional Association”, PLOS ONE, 4(7): e6410, 2009.