His research interests include Pattern Recognition, Computer Vision, Medical Image Analysis, Computer Graphics&Virtual Reality, Image guided Surgery and Therapy. Dr.Gu is the authorof over 200 papers on related research area, and isa senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE);the social chair and PC member of the 27th IEEE EMBS conference in Shanghai. He was awarded the best poster in the 17th congress of computer assisted radiology and surgery (CARS) in London, UK, in 2003. He served as an associate editor for both the IEEE Trans. On Information Technology in Biomedicine and the International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. He is also active in the international research groups of ISBI, MIAR, ITAB and EMBC.
1. Zhang Jingyang, Wang Guotai, Xie Hongzhi, Zhang Shuyang,Shi Zhenghui, Lixu Gu. Vesselness-constrained robust PCA for vessel enhancement in X-ray coronary angiograms , Physics in Medicine and Biology,2018..
2. Guotai Wang, Shaoting Zhang, Feng Li, Lixu Gu*. A new segmentation framework based on sparse shape composition in liver surgery planning system , Medical Physics, Vol. 40, No.5, pp.1-10, 2013. (Cover Paper)
3. Zhe Luo, Junfeng Cai, Terry M. Peters, Lixu Gu*. Intra-Operative 2-D Ultrasound and Dynamic 3-D Aortic Model Registration for Magnetic Navigation of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation , IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol.32, No.11, pp.2152-2165, 2013
4. Wang G., Zhang S., Xie H., Metaxas D.N., Lixu Gu*, A Homotopy-Based Sparse Representation for Fast and Accurate Shape Prior Modeling in Liver Surgical Planning, Medical Image Analysis, 2015, (19)1: 176–186.
5. Wang.B, Tian.X, Wang.Q, Yang.Y, Xie.H, Zhang.S, Lixu Gu*., Pulmonary nodule detection in CT images based on shape constraint CV model, Medical Physics, Vol.42, No.3, pp.1241-1254, 2015