Dr. Yao Wang is an associate professor in School of Biomedical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. He obtained B.S. degree in Polymer Science and Engineering in 2010 from Nanjing University of Science and Technology, and Ph.D. degree in Materials Science and Engineering in 2016 from Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Then he joined School of Biomedical Engineering in Shanghai Jiao Tong University and worked as an Assistant Professor (Research) in 2016. He has published a lot of papers as first/corresponding authors in related important journals, such as Adv. Mater., Small, Biomaterials, Chem. Mater., Nano Res., Nanoscale, Chem. Commun., and applied for 8 patents. His work has been supported by National Science Foundation of China, National Science Foundation of Shanghai, Shanghai Sailing Program, and Interdisciplinary program of Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Dr. Yao Wang has ever obtained the Best Poster Award in International Conference on Functional Materials (2014, Shanghai). His recent research interests mainly include: 1) design of micro/nano-biomaterials with precise architectures for biomedical application, 2) ultrahigh-throughput encoded suspension arrays for multiplexed biodetection, and 3) non-isolated and digital biodetection method for ultrasensitive test of biomarkers.
2006-2010 Bachelor - Nanjing University of Science and Technology
2010-2016 Ph.D. - Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2016.11-present, Assistant Professor (Research), School of Biomedical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
1. Design of micro/nano-biomaterials with precise architectures for biomedical application.
2. Ultrahigh-throughput encoded suspension arrays for multiplexed biodetection.
3. Non-isolated and digital biodetection method for ultrasensitive test of biomarkers.
1. National Science Foundation of China, PI, 2019.01-2021.12:
Construction of a high-throughput barcode library with precise micro/nanostructures and investigation of the structure-activity relationship based on encoding property.
2. National Science Foundation of Shanghai, PI, 2019.07-2022.06:
A novel high-throughput liquid suspension array with precise architectures and the study of its fundamental encoding rules.
3. Shanghai Sailing Program, PI, 2018.05-2021.04:
Investigation of a multiplexed ctDNA detection methodology for targeted medication guidance of lung cancer based on a novel suspension chip.
4. Interdisciplinary program of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Co-PI, 2020.01-2022.12:
A clinical study of the multiplexed cytokines detection in peripheral blood for therapeutic effects evaluation of the KRAS-mutation-type lung adenocarcinoma patients after immunotherapy.
5. Interdisciplinary program of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Co-PI, 2021.01-2023.12:
A clinical application research of the multiplexed biodetection of carbapenemases based on suspension arrays and its correlation with drug-resistant gene and phenotype.
1. Yao Wang, Cang Chen, Jing He, Yimei Cao, Xiaoxia Fang, Xiaomei Chi, Jingwei Yi, Jiancong Wu, Qingsheng Guo, Hajar Masoomi, Chongzhao Wu, Jian Ye, Hongchen Gu, Hong Xu*. Precisely Encoded Barcodes through the Structure-Fluorescence Combinational Strategy: A Flexible, Robust, and Versatile Multiplexed Biodetection Platform with Ultrahigh Encoding Capacities. Small, 2021, 17, 2100315. (First author)
2. Hajar Masoomi#, Yao Wang#,*, Cang Chen, Jiayu Zhang, Yunfei Ge, Qingsheng Guo, Hongchen Gu, Hong Xu*. A facile polymer mediated dye incorporation method for fluorescence encoded microbeads with large encoding capacities. Chemical Communications, 2021, 57, 4548. (#co-first author & *co-corresponding author)
3. Sitong Xu#, Jiancong Wu#, Cang Chen, Jiayu Zhang, Yao Wang*, Hong Xu*. A micro-chamber free digital biodetection method via the "sphere-labeled-sphere" strategy. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2021, 37, 129794. (*co-corresponding author)
4. Yu Zhu#, Jia Xu#, Yanmao Wang, Cang Chen, Hongchen Gu, Yimin Chai*, Yao Wang*. Silver nanoparticles-decorated and mesoporous silica coated single-walled carbon nanotubes with an enhanced antibacterial activity for killing drug-resistant bacteria. Nano Research, 2020, 13, 389. (*co-corresponding author)
5. Hajar Masoomi, Yao Wang*, Xiaoxia Fang, Peirui Wang, Cang Chen, Kai Liu, Hongchen Gu, Hong Xu*. Ultrabright dye-loaded spherical polyelectrolyte brushes and their fundamental structure-fluorescence tuning principles. Nanoscale, 2019, 11, 14050. (*co-corresponding author)
6. Yao Wang#, Xiali Ding#, Yuan Chen, Mingquan Guo, Yan Zhang, Xiaokui Guo*, Hongchen Gu*. Antibiotic-loaded, silver core-embedded mesoporous silica nanovehicles as a synergistic antibacterial agent for the treatment of drug-resistant infections. Biomaterials, 2016, 101, 207. (#co-first author)
7. Yao Wang, Hao Song, Chengzhong Yu*, Hongchen Gu*. From helixes to mesostructures: evolution of mesoporous silica shells on single-walled carbon nanotubes. Chemistry of Materials, 2016, 28(3), 936. (First author)
8. Yao Wang, Hongchen Gu*. Core/shell-type magnetic mesoporous silica nanocomposites for bioimaging and therapeutic agent delivery. Advanced Materials, 2015, 27(3), 576. (First author)
9. Yao Wang#, Wenli Zhang#, Jixi Zhang, Wei Sun, Ruiyan Zhang*, Hongchen Gu*. Fabrication of a novel polymer-free nanostructured drug-eluting coating for cardiovascular stents. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2013, 5(20), 10337. (#co-first author)
10. Mingqi Wang#, Yao Wang#, Yijie Chen, Hongchen Gu*. Improving endothelialization on 316L stainless steel through wettability controllable coating by sol–gel technology. Applied Surface Science, 2013, 268, 73. (#co-first author)
Best Poster Award, International Conference on Functional Materials (2014, Shanghai).