Dr. Liqin Xiong is a tenured Associate Professor of School of Biomedical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. She received the bachelor's degree (2004) in Chemistry and Life Science from Gannan Normal University, the master's degree (2007) in Chemistry from Beijing Normal University, and the doctoral degree in Chemistry from Fudan University in July 2010. Dr. Xiong conducted postdoctoral research at Stanford University School of Medicine for period August 2010 to July 2012. She has published over 50 papers and citation times over 3000. Dr. Xiong has won the Dow Chemical Scholarship in 2009, Shanghai Pujiang Talent Program in 2013, and Li Lanxin Young Teacher Award in 2016. She instructs the course Molecular Imaging and Early Disease Detection for undergraduate students and the course Molecular Imaging and Probe for graduated students.
1) Smart nanoprobes and Tumor Molecular Imaging
2) Lymphatic System Imaging
3) Brown Adipose Tissue Imaging
1. Li Y, Lu S, Zhang Y, Li J, Zhang J, Zhang C, Xiong L*, Multifunctional Imaging of Vessels, Brown Adipose Tissue, and Bones in the Visible and Second Near-infrared Region Using Dual-Emitting Polymer Dots, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2022, 14, 33, 37504-37513.
2. Zhang Y, Zhang J, Li X, Li J, Lu S, Li Y, Ren P, Zhang C, Xiong L*, Imaging of fluorescent polymer dots in relation to channels and immune cells in the lymphatic system, Materials Today Bio 2022, 15, 100317.
3. Li J, Li Y, Lu S, Zhang J, Zhang C, Xiong L*, Dual-Performance Optimized Silks from Ultra-Low Dose Polymer Dots Feeding and Its Absorption, Distribution and Excretion in the Silkworms. Advanced Fiber Materials 2022, 3.;4:845-858.
4. Zhang Y, Li Y, Tang S, Li X, Guan W, Li X, Li Y, Zhang C, Xiong L*. Modified polymer dots for multi-scale multi-modal imaging of lymphatic system in tumor pre-metastasis. Applied Materials Today, 2020, 21, 100863.
5. Yang Y, Zhou D, Zhang Y, Zhang C, Tang S, Guo Y, Ma F*, Yang Y*, Xiong L*. NIR/photoacoustic imaging of multitype gallbladder cancer using carboxyl/amino functionalized polymer dots. Biomater. Sci. 2020;8(23):6657-6669.
6. Zhou D, Yang Y, Jin L, Yang Y, Wang S, Cai Q, Guan W*, Ma F*, Xiong L*. Near-Infrared Polymer Dots in the Portal-Hepatic Circulation Achieve Localization of Hepatic Carcinoma In Vivo. ACS Appl. Bio Mater. 2020;3:6177−6186.
7. Li J, Li Y, Tang S, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Li Y, Xiong L*. Toxicity, uptake and transport mechanisms of dual-modal polymer dots in penny grass (Hydrocotyle vulgaris L.). Environmental Pollution, 2020;265:114877.
8. Zhang J, Teng F, Tang S, Zhang Y, Guo Y, Li J, Li Y, Zhang C, Xiong L*. The Effect of Polymer Dots During Mammalian Early Embryo Development and Their Biocompatibility on Maternal Health. Macromol. Biosci. 2020, 2000128.
9. Li Y, Yang Y, Tang S, Zhang Y, Li X, Guan W, Ma F, Zhang F, Xiong L*. High-Resolution Imaging of the Lymphatic Vascular System in Living Mice/Rats Using Dual-Modal Polymer Dots. ACS Appl. Bio Mater. 2019, 2, 3877−3885.
10. Zhang Y, Li Y, Guo Y, Yang Y, Tang S, Xiong L*, Fluorescent Polymer Dots for Tracking SKOV3 Cells in Living Mice with Probe-Based Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy, Mol Imaging Biol 2019;21:1026-33.
11. Guo Y, Li Y, Yang Y, Tang S, Zhang Y, Xiong L*. Multiscale Imaging of Brown Adipose Tissue in Living Mice/Rats with Fluorescent Polymer Dots. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2018;10:20884-96.
12. Cao F, Guo Y, Li Y, Tang S, Yang Y, Yang H, Xiong L*. Fast and Accurate Imaging of Lymph Node Metastasis with Multifunctional Near-Infrared Polymer Dots. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018;28(16):1707174.
13. Cao X, Cao F, Xiong L*, Yang Y, Cao T, Cai X, Hai W, Li B, Guo Y, Zhang Y, Li F. Cytotoxicity, tumor targeting and PET imaging of sub-5 nm KGdF4 multifunctional rare earth nanoparticles. Nanoscale. 2015;7(32):13404-9.
14. Xiong L*, Shen B, Behera D, Gambhir SS, Chin FT, Rao J*. Synthesis of ligand-functionalized water-soluble [18F]YF3 nanoparticles for PET imaging. Nanoscale. 2013;5(8):3253-6.
15. Xiong L, Shuhendler AJ, Rao J*. Self-luminescing BRET-FRET near-infrared dots for in vivo lymph-node mapping and tumour imaging. Nat Commun. 2012;3:1193.
16. Xiong L, Yang T, Yang Y, Xu C, Li F*. Long-term in vivo biodistribution imaging and toxicity of polyacrylic acid-coated upconversion anophosphors. Biomaterials. 2010;31(27):7078-85.
address：MED-X 研究院 207室